AIU Fashion Show 2012
American InterContinental University Graduate Fashion Show and Marketing Exhibition 2012
The films on this site show the final collections of 15 graduating fashion design students and the final projects of 7 graduating fashion marketing students. The shows mark the culmination of four years' study and each collection and project is original and individual, representing the student's personal philosophy and creative ideas about fashion.
Our students of Fashion Design and Fashion Marketing come to study in London from all over the world, and our alumni work in rewarding fashion careers internationally. Many of the students started their degrees with little knowledge of fashion. The creative, contemporary collections show the strong awareness of modern fashion the design students have worked hard to develop in just four years of study. The marketing projects show creative ideas based on sound market knowledge that will make these students the fashion marketers of the future.
The shows reflect the international nature of the students. Sculptural pieces, modern organic shapes, minimal pieces with vibrant detail, beautiful prints and innovatory manipulation of materials describe some of the creative collections of this year's graduating designers. They were inspired by earth expeditions, retranslations of western clothing, photographic imagery, South African cultures, the British finishing industry, and hope 'as a light seen at the end of a tunnel'.
Marketing projects include interactive leisure experiences in shopping, a couture brand with a modern twist, a concept store for parents travelling with toddlers, customised footwear and 100% British luxury products.
We congratulate all of our graduating students on their achievement, and we hope that you will enjoy their work.
Gill Stark, Dean of Fashion, AIU London
London / Fashion Capital
Our vibrant fashion department is situated in the heart of the London fashion industry and prepares students for careers on an international scale in international fashion.more
American InterContinental University has been preparing students for the rigors of the real world with practical, career-focused learning for over 35 years.more
All of our courses are taught by faculty who are actively engaged in the fashion business, the department is globally recognized for the quality of its programs, its close involvement with fashion companies and the consistently high standard of its graduates.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Marketing (BFA)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Marketing and Design (BFA)
- Academically strong, industry relevant programs: London and Paris.
- Many opportunities: fashion shows, notable speakers, live projects, study trips, workshops, work experience
- Strong team of experienced lecturer/practitioners
- Significant contacts with industry
- Lively fashion alumni group
- Dedicated part-time practitioner faculty ensure students gain industry-current knowledge of the field
- Small group teaching enabling good contact with lecturers
- Strong industry advisory panel
- Extensive list of guest lecturers
- Cultural diversity within the student body
- Wide range of high profile internships and work experience available